Son Heung-min and Steven Bergwijn have been granted special permission to leave Tottenham to join their families in their respective home countries of South Korea and the Netherlands.
Both players had been out with long-term injuries at the time football was put on hold earlier this month, with neither expected to be back to match fitness until early May, with Son suffering from a fractured arm while Bergwijn is nursing an ankle injury.
And with football not expected to resume in the UK until 30 April at the very earliest, the attacking duo have been given the go-ahead by Spurs to fly home and continue their recoveries from there.
Bergwijn's partner Chloe Jay is also expecting to give birth.
"Sonny has flown back to South Korea for personal reasons, while Steven has travelled to the Netherlands ahead of the impending birth of his child.
"Both players will continue their individual rehabilitation and training programmes during their time away."
Speaking to the club website previously, Son said he is recovering well and working hard to get back into shape for the season resuming - whenever that may be.
As previously mentioned, English football is officially on hold until 30 April - though the reported target of 1 June looks far more realistic, amid reports that players across all four English divisions are 'furious' about plans to wrap the campaign up by 30 June.
“I’m doing alright, doing what I can do, working hard, trying to be ready to come back as soon as I can," Son said.
Heung-Min Son fracturing his arm:— Last Word On Spurs (@LastWordOnSpurs) March 25, 2020
"I kept playing, I do not know how. I could feel it in the game but it was important.”
“I did not want to say I couldn’t play due to my arm, I tried to keep going, help the team. I’m doing very well.”#THFC #COYSpic.twitter.com/TOOjC3AV5R
“I miss the feeling of playing, of course, but at this moment, football is not important. Everyone’s health is most important, and we all need to stay safe.”
Source : 90min